[Speex-dev] Macintosh Speex player

Pierre Marc Dumuid pmdumuid at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Apr 27 17:25:46 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm have a lot of speech files that are given from an organisation that
has a lot of audio tapes with talks on them.  Many people use these
tapes, and I have started to convert to the audio to mp3.  More recently
I've started using speex, but the problem is, many people are using
macintosh's and I don't know how to play speex files on macintosh,
(Linux, & Windows is fine!)  Does anyone know of how to get speex to
play in a graphical program for macintosh?

It would be really cool to say that speex is an open source,
cross-platform music format, that can be played on all OS's!

Has anyone had any luck with http://qtcomponents.sourceforge.net/??  It
seems there is code there for speex (which the cvs dates back two years
ago) but I don't know how to compile / install this.

Regards,

PIerre