[Speex-dev] speex voice seems to be bit breaking over long distance.

Tue Apr 19 11:19:22 PDT 2005

> I tried to implement it but I don't really understand
> the parameters for the speex_jitter_get() and
> speex_jitter_put() function.  I have the following
> questions:
>
> Since the second parameter of speex_jitter_put() is a
> char* and the second parameter of speex_jitter_get()
> is a short*, does it mean that these two function will
> actually replace speex_bits_read_from() and
> speex_decode_int()?

Yes, it does the decoding internally.

> Also, which timestamp should I use for the third
> parameter of speex_jitter_put(), should I use the
> GetTickCount() value at the point when I first receive
> a voice packet from the microphone?

The third parameter of speex_jitter_put() actually *returns* the
timestamp you got. You can also pass NULL if you're not interested in
the value.

> Finally, what is the use of the third parameter
> (timestamp) of speex_jitter_get()?

This one tells the jitter buffer what timestamp the packet you're giving
it corresponds to.

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke