[Speex-dev] problem with libtool on x86_64

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Nov 18 16:54:55 PST 2004

I'm trying to compile speex on an x86_64 (Opteron) platform, but
since I want this resulting code to run on regular 32-bit x86, then
I am passing the -m32 flag to gcc.

It so happens that the libtool application included with my version
of speex (1.0.3) does not handle this correctly and fails to create
libraries.

I fixed this by changing the configure script to just use 'libtool'
and find it in the normal $PATH.

I think you should either include an option to configure to specify the
libtool executable, or use the one in the $PATH.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>