[speex-dev] speex preprocess redux

Mon May 17 19:44:45 PDT 2004

Hi,

The speex_preprocess_estimate_update(....) function is only used when you want
to perform adaptation without running the denoiser (e.g. when using
push-to-talk). In most cases, you probably won't need it though.

Second thing, if you want to make adaptation slower, look for a modulo (%) in
the code and increase the value next to it (default is %100 or something like that).

As for the VAD, it's a really difficult problem because 1) the latency is small
and 2) some people want different things from it (some want it to transmit
everything but the stationary background noise, others want only speech). BTW,
VAD doesn't need to be after the denoiser since it estimates the noise anyway...

Jean-Marc