[speex-dev] How to avoid microphone noise?

Sat May 8 14:16:35 PDT 2004

Le sam 08/05/2004 à 14:51, Kenji Chan a écrit :
> I get input from microphone, but the microphone's noise is so noticeable.
>
> How to avoid microphone noise?
>
> Should I buy another better microphone? What kind of microphone I need? How
> much is it?

You have three things that contribute to the noise:
1) The microphone
2) The soundcard
3) The environment (don't underestimate that one)

> Or I could do something in the software, using speex functions?

For stationary noise, there's now a denoiser in 1.1.x (unstable). You
can use it with the --denoise option to speexenc and the API is in
speex_preprocess.h

Jean-Marc Valin
http://www.xiph.org/~jm/
LABORIUS