[speex-dev] speex preprocess redux

Tom Harper tharper at sightspeed.com
Mon May 17 16:03:59 PDT 2004

Steve,

The main problem I am having with the system is clipping off the start
of someone's speech when they first start talking- the ends of the sentences
seem to be handled properly.  I am wondering whether this is the fault of the
audio playback system or whether this is a speex issue-

I also get the musical artifacts problem with the denoiser.  This seems to
be more of a problem on open air mics/speaker combinations.  However,
this and the issues you pointed out are a minor deal in comparison with the
clipping problem.

Tom

Tom Harper - tharper at sightspeed.com
Lead Software Engineer
SightSpeed - A Roda Group Affiliated Company

918 Parker St, Suite A14
Berkeley, CA 94710

Phone: 510.665.2920
Cell: 415.378.3779