[speex-dev] Coredumps when --enable-sse is selected

Malcolm Baldridge speex at paypc.com
Fri May 7 03:13:15 PDT 2004

> I've tried the same configure options on my system and it doesn't crash.
> I have the same glibc and gcc 3.3.2 (can you see if a newer gcc works?).

When I build it with gcc-3.3.3, the problem disappears.  I guess the older
gcc's XMM macros were buggy.

Thanks for the suggestion.

> Also, could you explore a bit with different options so we can narrow it
> down a bit.

Actually, the crash occurred with even very simple options.

I'm now encoding the very same file which caused segfaults in the
gcc-3.2.3-built binary.

I would probably put a note (or modify the build script to detect/warn the
user) about gcc-3.2 and --enable-sse.  I suspect if we lookup the gcc
bugbase, we'll see some changes made to the SSE intrinsics.

Thanks!

=MB=