preprocessor performance (was Re: [speex-dev] Memory leak in denoiser + a few questions)

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Wed Mar 31 07:03:58 PST 2004

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

>If you set the denoiser to "on" and the VAD to "off", what difference
>does it make in CPU time?

Test 1, using VAD, but AGC, denoise off:

tevek at canarsie:~/work/hms/app_conference $ time ./vad_test
/tmp/demo-instruct.sw 5
reading from /tmp/demo-instruct.sw, repeating 5 times
read 537760 samples
beginning pass
beginning pass
beginning pass
beginning pass
beginning pass
done.

real    0m4.970s
user    0m4.628s
sys     0m0.014s

tevek at canarsie:~/work/hms/app_conference $ time ./vad_test
/tmp/demo-instruct.sw 5
reading from /tmp/demo-instruct.sw, repeating 5 times
read 537760 samples
beginning pass
beginning pass
beginning pass
beginning pass
beginning pass
done.

real    0m5.359s
user    0m4.301s
sys     0m0.024s

So, it doesn't seem to make much difference.

I also ran the code, unoptimized, with oprofile.  I'll send results from
that to you separately.

-SteveK