[speex-dev] Decoding raw problem on OS X with 1.03

Wade Williams wade at dogwatchsw.com
Mon Mar 29 21:20:53 PST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 5:05 PM, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> Can you try manually swapping the bytes on the raw output and see if
> you
> get something useful (I think by default wav is always little endian
> while raw is native endian)?

Well, my apologies.  Apparently I got confused when trying all the
different formats and somehow skipped little endian.

The decoded raw file is in little endian format and works fine.

The decoded .wav is also in little endian format.

Looking at speexdec.c, the problem is it hardcodes output into little
endian format.

If you don't mind, I'd like to fix that, as well as add soundcard
support for the Macintosh.  I'm pretty busy, but I should be able to
get to it pretty soon.

Longer term, I'd also like to take a shot at adding Altivec support on
the Mac.  I'm no Altivec guru, but I know the right people to ask for
help, so I'm pretty confident I could do it, given enough time.

Thanks for a great library - I look forward to contributing what I can.

Wade