[speex-dev] compile speexenc

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Mon Mar 29 10:07:00 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guillaume ROGET" <guillaume.roget at fr.thalesgroup.com>
To: <speex-dev at xiph.org>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 11:02 PM
Subject: [speex-dev] compile speexenc

> Iam being to compile speexenc but I have the following error:
>
> LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMTD" conflicts with use of other
> libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

This is because you are linking different types of library LIBC
(MT=Multithreaded) (D=Debug)

In the propeerties are you linknig to "Multi threaded Debug" or are you
manually including this file ?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HT
ML/lnk4098.asp

> libspeex.lib(lsp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _spx_cos
> Debug/speexenc.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

This is what is stopping your build... it is either :

1) The function spx_cos doesn't exist,
2) Are you building libspeex as a dll or a static library... if it's a dll,
check the .def file to find this function.
3) Visual studio is compiling as C not C++... it's in properties somewhere.

here's a whole list of things that can cause it.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HT
ML/lnk4098.asp

I jsut looked at the newer code...i have no compiler installed at the
moment... i'm just rebuilding my system... but looking in the code... i'm
guess it's this one.

Functions declared with the static modifier  (link :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/ht
ml/_error_the_symbol_is_not_public.asp) by definition have file scope.
Static variables have the same limitation. Trying to access any static
variables from outside of the file in which they are declared can result in
a compile error or LNK2001. "

'speex-dev-request at xiph.org'