[speex-dev] DTX and VAD doesn't work on one of my computers.

Jonathan Wang jing_wang at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 10 15:49:12 PST 2004

Dear Jean,

> Actually, 38 is normal for the 15 kbps mode. For the rest, could you
> give more details. Also, what platform is the problematic machine? (What
> CPU, what OS, what compiler).

Thanks for your reply.
The platform is WindowsXP Professional with SP1.
CPU is Celeron CPU 1.70GHz.
Compiler is VC++ 6.0.
I have enabled VAD and DTX . In this computer, speex_bits_write() still return 38 when it is in silence.
But In other computers the same code return 1.
After I add the function speex_preprocess(), speex_bits_write() return 1 when it is silence in all computers.

Besides, I found another problem.
I enabled VAD and DTX. I called speex_preprocess() before speex_encode(). I used speex_jitter_put() and speex_jitter_get() to decode.
When I played the voice data after I call speex_jitter_get(), I can hear nothing. The sound disappeared.

Thanks
Jonathan