[speex-dev] Integrate Speex into VOCAL

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Jan 14 10:32:00 PST 2004

Hello!

I'm about to try to integrate SPEEX into the VOCAL project.

If anyone has any pointers as to the best way to do this,
please let me know.

After reading the speex api man page, I have a few questions:

1)  To encode, it appears I need an array of floats.  If
I am playing wav files, what is the best way to turn these
into something speex can encode?

2)  Are there any commercially available SIP phones that support
Speex?

3)  Any suggested SIP soft-phones that support Speex?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>