[speex-dev] DTX and VAD doesn't work on one of my computers.

Sat Jan 10 13:49:06 PST 2004

> I am sorry the function return 38 is speex_bits_write(). This function
> doesn't work on one of my computers. But after I add the function
> speex_preprocess(), it works well. I am wondering what is the possible
> reason? What the function speex_preprocess() does?

Actually, 38 is normal for the 15 kbps mode. For the rest, could you
give more details. Also, what platform is the problematic machine? (What
CPU, what OS, what compiler).

> Another problem I have now is when I enable dtx and vad with function
> speex_preprocess(). The sound disappeared after I decode it. What
> shall I do?

What do you mean exactly?

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)