[Speex-dev] CPU Usage for ultrawide band mode

Thu Dec 30 17:53:30 PST 2004

> Because I tried some other audio codecs (with a little less quality)
> but their CPU usage is about 20% of my 300 MHz.

Right now, you're using the mode/bit-rate that has about the highest
complexity, so a 300 MHz CPU might be normal. Lowering the bit-rate and
using wideband (or even narrowband) would decrease that.

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke