[Speex-dev] "Click" at end of SPX files?

Anders S. Johansen home at dduck.dk
Tue Dec 14 12:38:41 PST 2004

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
>>I am experiencing some unfortunate problems when encoding WAV files to
>>spx using version 1.0.4. A "click" which is not present in the original
>>WAV file is added to the end of the spx file.
>

> My first guess would be that you have a DC offset in your signal. In
> that case, 1.1.6 could be better (because of the gapless implementation
> if you're using speexenc/speexdec), but the best solution would be to
> remove that DC offset. If that's not the problem (no DC offset), then it
> would be worth investigating.

Hmmm, I could post one of the files that exhibit the problem (34Kb) for
diagnistics... How's that? Unfortunately my area of comp sci doesn't
extend to signal processing, and my girlfriend is only now entering her
second semester in the SP class :)

Of course I'll investigate the use of 1.1.6 too. Can 1.0.4 decode files
compressed with 1.1.6?