[Speex-dev] "Click" at end of SPX files?

Tue Dec 14 12:19:19 PST 2004

> I am experiencing some unfortunate problems when encoding WAV files to
> spx using version 1.0.4. A "click" which is not present in the original
> WAV file is added to the end of the spx file.

My first guess would be that you have a DC offset in your signal. In
that case, 1.1.6 could be better (because of the gapless implementation
if you're using speexenc/speexdec), but the best solution would be to
remove that DC offset. If that's not the problem (no DC offset), then it
would be worth investigating.

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke