[speex-dev] Any Speex plug-ins available for usage in a Palm device application

Tue Apr 13 12:28:28 PDT 2004

> Now I'm planning to create the same application for Palm devices viz
> Treo 600.
> I'd really appreciate if someone could provide any information about
> the similar kind of a plug-in for a Palm device that allows me to play
> Speex audio files.

I'm not aware of anyone packaging Speex especially for a Palm device,
but I have been able to use it as a command-line executable (you need
version 1.1.x to do that).

> If there aren't any commercial speex plug-ins available, then would I
> have to create my own plug-in/decoder?
> if yes, then how do I go about it?

Everything that's currently available is free, but of course if you pay
for it, I guess it becomes commercial ;)

Jean-Marc Valin
http://www.xiph.org/~jm/
LABORIUS