[speex-dev] Any Speex plug-ins available for usage in a Palm device application

Asheesh Vashishtha asheesh.vashishtha at grapecity.com
Tue Apr 13 06:34:23 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm new to the speex development mailing list, so I don't have much experience/idea about Speex.
I came to know about speex when I was working on a R&D for my application on Palm devices.
I've created a Pocket PC application, which is a talking phrasebook using .NET Compact Framework.
 In this application I'm using a 3rd party MP3 plug-in for playing my MP3 files, which I programmatically use within my program.

Now I'm planning to create the same application for Palm devices viz Treo 600.
I'd really appreciate if someone could provide any information about the similar kind of a plug-in for a Palm device that allows me to play Speex audio files.

If there aren't any commercial speex plug-ins available, then would I have to create my own plug-in/decoder?
if yes, then how do I go about it?

Any suggestions, ideas or comments would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Asheesh