[speex-dev] Any Speex plug-ins available for usage in a Palmdevice application

Asheesh Vashishtha asheesh.vashishtha at grapecity.com
Tue Apr 13 22:06:01 PDT 2004

Thanks a lot for your reply, Jean.

>I'm not aware of anyone packaging Speex especially for a Palm device,
>but I have been able to use it as a command-line executable (you need
>version 1.1.x to do that).

Your reply essentially means that there aren't any commercial speex plug-ins for Palm available, so the only option I do have is to write one. Actually I was thinking of that if any plug-in was available, I can license it for use within my application, and I concentrate on the application stuff. Packaging speex for Palm is a job only for niche system developers, and it'd be real hard for us application developers to do the same.

I'd appreciate if you could provide some links, starting point references as to how to go about creating my own speex plug-in
for palm device. Since I'm new to all this, any sort of help would be deeply appreciated.

You've also mentioned that you're able to use speex as a command line executable, can you give me some more idea about this,
although if eventually it boils down to creating my own plug-in, then the first question would suffice.

Thanks & regards,
Asheesh