[speex-dev] speex_denoise on non-microphone noise (static ?)

Tom Grandgent tgrand at canvaslink.com
Thu Sep 18 12:00:51 PDT 2003

I'm not sure you'd have much success in trying to make a generic profile
to fit the "typical noisy PC" since PC configurations vary so much.
Consider an integrated AC97 codec vs. the mic input on an SB Live!/Audigy
Live!Drive, or whether or not the input from the CD-ROM audio is muted,
or what noisy devices might be situated near the mic.  It's nice
to be able to get rid of environmental noise too.  In my experience this
has been much more troublesome than internal/interference noise.

And chances are, you have to use some kind of wizard to get the user to
set their volume levels correctly and speak properly into (and test) the
microphone, so it shouldn't be too much harder on the user to have the
profile get built as part of that...

Tom