[speex-dev] project "Sphinx" kicked off

Christian Buchner Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Wed Jun 18 22:42:36 PDT 2003

Good news! Although you might want to choose another name since "Sphinx"
is already used by CMU's open-source speech recognition engine
(http://fife.speech.cs.cmu.edu/sphinx/).

It's a working title, not necessarily a release name ;)

> Not sure what you mean here...

Every maths operation gets an integer duplicate. At certain points
in the code I will compare the results of integer versus FP for
accuracy. A deviation greater than a threshold will generate a
warning message. That should allow me to pinpoint computational
problems (rounding, filter stability etc). Once the whole code
works on int, I can remove the FP code.

Maybe the plumbing metaphor was a bit too colorful ;)