[speex-dev] Speex ACM codec released on www.openacm.org

Veritape info at veritape.com
Tue Jun 10 04:29:10 PDT 2003

> However it has undergone only limited testing on my Windows XP
> system here. What I would like to figure out (among other things)
> is:
>
>  * Does it run on Windows 95/98/ME too?

Not on the Win98SE machine I tried it on. Let me be more specific:

- sound recorder crashes out (stops running completely) with no error
message when I select "Save as..."
- when I open the control panel Multimedia app and select the Devices tab, I
get a Windows error "An error occurred while Windows was working with the
Control Panel file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMSYS.CPL" and the control panel app
dies.

In both of these cases, when I uninstall the Speex ACM driver, the problems
do not occur again. It doesn't make any difference whether I reboot after
the installation. In both of these cases, W2K seems to work completely fine.

Many thanks for this, Christian, I am sure it is going to be great.

CR.