[speex-dev] Decoding .spx with 1.0 on ppc produces noise!

Kaveh Goudarzi kaveh at arkasoft.com
Wed Apr 16 16:39:22 PDT 2003

> Well, wav's are considered little endian but for raw files, there's a
> command-like switch to specify either little-endian or big-endian (--le
> and --be).

        so if somone is streaming a speex encoded file to me, how
do I work out if its a bigendian or a little endia stream before
I begin decoding ... Is there something in the speex header? ( I
couldn't see it) or would this be communicated to the decoder end
in say the Ogg header used to wrap speex in?

        My apologies if these are obvious questions.

kind regards,

Kaveh.