[opus] Patches for adding 120 ms encoding

Christian Hoene christian.hoene at symonics.com
Fri Jun 10 15:16:22 UTC 2016

Hi Felica,

yes, this is the only reason to have larger frames is on bandwidth limited links having a gross (physical) bit rates of 10kbps per channel.

Decades ago I calculated with figure (for AMR-NB but the same holds for Opus).

https://www.tkn.tu-berlin.de/fileadmin/fg112/Hard_Software_Components/Software/hoene_07_2004_paper.pdf