[opus] Memory Size?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:39:31 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Mike Hooper <mihooper at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> In order to determine the optimum heap size requirements for my embedded
> C55xx design, I have used the following to get the encoder and decoder
> memory requirements:
[snip]
> Both the encode decoder init function return no error. However, opus_encode
> crashes somewhere deep in the bowels of the function (I cannot determine
> where since I have compiler optimizations enabled). Do I need more heap than
> what is returned by the above get_size functions?

In a normal compile there are _no_ heap allocations done except in the
_create calls, which you can avoid using as you've described.

If you have compiled with NONTHREADSAFE_PSEUDOSTACK in order to reduce
the stack usage then there are heap allocations via
opus_alloc_scratch() to allocate stack for the pesudostack.