[vorbis] libdl and building under NetBSD

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Feb 27 13:26:25 PST 2001

I am trying to configure vorbis-tools-1.0beta. (I already built libvorbis,
libao, and libogg.) This is under NetBSD 1.5.1_ALPHA i386. My plan is to
create NetBSD packages for Ogg Vorbis.

My config.log has:

 configure:1897: gcc -o conftest  -I/usr/local/include
 -I/usr/local/include
 -L/usr/local/lib/ -L/usr/pkg/emul/linux/  conftest.c  -L/usr/local/lib -lao
 -ldl 1>&5
 /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -ldl: No such file or directory
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 configure: failed program was:
 #line 1887 "configure"
 #include "confdefs.h"

 #include <stdio.h>
 #include <ao/ao.h>

 int main() {
  return 0;
 ; return 0; }

What is this libdl? (I know it is a dynamic linker library.)

I read that NetBSD doesn't have libdl.

Any ideas on how can I workaround this libdl problem?

Anyone else use ogg vorbis under NetBSD?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/