[vorbis] [giordana@canada.com: Protux will adopt Ogg Vorbis]

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Tue Feb 27 12:08:04 PST 2001

----- Forwarded message from Luciano Domenico Giordana <giordana at canada.com> -----

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:07:52 -0300
From: Luciano Domenico Giordana <giordana at canada.com>
To: feedback at vorbis.com
Subject: Protux will adopt Ogg Vorbis

Hello,

My name is Luciano Giordana, leader in Protux project
(protux.sourceforge.com), and I proudly write to you to tell we decided
to incorporate Ogg/Vorbis encoding technology in the Protux project.

Protux users will still be able to use Mp3 importing/exporting through
external enc/decoder (external because Protux does not want to be
compliance of closed standards), but Ogg/Vorbis will be native in the
Protux tool.

We are about to release v 0.10 of Protux, with lots of improvements, so
users that are expectating a great audio tool in Protux project will be
able to have a good idea of what Protux aims to be in a near future.

Congratulations for the great project Ogg Vorbis

Sincerally,

Luciano Giordana

--
Luciano Giordana 	| Developer
Project Protux - The Free Professional Audio Tools for Linux

----- End forwarded message -----