[vorbis] libdl and building under NetBSD

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Tue Feb 27 13:41:27 PST 2001

> I read that NetBSD doesn't have libdl.
>
> Any ideas on how can I workaround this libdl problem?

I'm pretty sure all the BSD's share this problem.  the dl*() functions
are in the main clibrary somewhere.

What you'll need to do is remove -ldl from the Makefile.am or the
configure.in (it's declared explicitly in one of those).  And that
should be a short term workaround.  We'll have to add detection into the
system.  When we put the code in, we weren't aware that some systems
existed with dl support but without libdl :)

jack.