[xiph-rtp] Updated Vorbis and new Theora I-D's

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar at Jarnbjo.de
Thu Mar 3 03:03:34 PST 2005

Luca Barbato schrieb:

> - rtsp SET_/GET_PARAMETER, would rely on an already defined spec that
> does what is the requirement (have a reliable way to push/fetch
> changes). It is a protocol different from rtp but should be already
> implemented and used on any streaming client/server.

We already discussed using RTSP mechanisms to solve problems with Vorbis
over RTP and I think the general consensus was to avoid this. RTSP is
just one of many protocols used to setup RTP sessions and using RTSP to
solve different problems, makes it impossible to use Vorbis in scenarios
where RTSP is not available.

Tor