[Vorbis] regarding vorbis tool

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:28:14 PDT 2008

On 5/30/08, Dileep <drdileep12 at gmail.com> wrote:
>      1) plz specify if any file has been left out..

Optional and required dependencies seem to be there, except maybe for
libcurl, which is not required for local playback.

>      2) what file tremor is ?? & how can this help me in this regard, as i
> have not cross compiled it...

Tremor is "libvorbis" for hardware devices.  It's a fixed-point
implementation of Vorbis.  It is generally a template that needs some
modifications to work on specific hardware.  If performance is a
concern, you should use it instead.

>      3) is there any setting we have to do with libao while cross compiling
> as it sets the default driver...

I don't know much about libao or ALSA, but your error message seems to
point that ALSA was not found or ALSA has no driver for the device.
Generally, I think libao shouldn't need to be configured manually.  I
never configured anything in my OSSv4 system.

-Ivo

P.S: Please do not use the vorbis-dev list for general Vorbis queries.