[Vorbis] regarding vorbis tool

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri May 30 09:47:42 PDT 2008

On 30-May-08, at 4:33 AM, Dileep wrote:

> when i run the command line arm-linux-ogg123 with some sample ogg
> format file on my arm board it gave "Could not load default driver
> and no driver specified in config file : Exiting" ,

This means ogg123 couldn't open it's default, or the ao default. Does
passing '-d alsa' work? What supported devices are shown by 'arm-
linux-ogg123 -h'?

>      2) what file tremor is ?? & how can this help me in this
> regard, as i have not cross compiled it...

Tremor is a fixed-point decoder. It runs faster on platforms without
a hardware fpu.

>      3) is there any setting we have to do with libao while cross
> compiling as it sets the default driver...
>          ARM EDB9302 supports ALSA....

If you compile only the alsa support, it should be the default. Make
sure it got built if '-d alsa' didn't work above.

HTH,
  -r