[Vorbis] Hardware support

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 16 00:08:45 PDT 2008

"Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> writes:

> Such unclear statements confuse any implementor.

What do you mean? Xiph is already helping out hardware companies by
providing Tremor, a fixed-point decoder. This is what the Rockbox
decoder is based on (with parts rewritten in assembly for speed). If a
small number of volunteers can produce a great Vorbis decoder in their
spare time for a number of diverse targets, I can't see why a for profit
company can't. Also, Vorbis Comments (tags) are very well documented.

> Also Vorbis should have a small, but nice library of demo files!

Not shipped, but there are links on the Xiph site:

http://www.vorbis.com/music/

Charles