[Vorbis] Hardware support

Ulrich Windl ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jul 15 23:39:19 PDT 2008

On 15 Jul 2008 at 14:05, Charles philip Chan wrote:

> "Hibbs, Phil" <phil.hibbs at capgemini.com> writes:
>
> > What's the current state of hardware support for Ogg Vorbis? Any
> > decent players out there? I have an iRiver iHP-120 and am thinking
> > about upgrading, any recommendations?
>
> For best Vorbis support, I would recommend any Rockbox
>
> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/TargetStatus
>
> supported players. There are players out there that support Vorbis out
> of the box, however, they all have some problems. For example, the
> iAudio's (Cowon) OF (origianl firmware) can't do gapless playback even
> though Vorbis is gapless by default. BTW, iRiver have dropped Vorbis.

Hi!

Considering the time since the annoncement that metadata should be some XML format
that is going to be defined, I'm not surprised. Such unclear statements confuse
any implementor. Also Vorbis should have a small, but nice library of demo files!
Even Windows ships one or two music demo files...

Regards,
Ulrich