[Vorbis] Bitrate peeling

Davy Van Deursen davy.vandeursen at ugent.be
Sat Dec 13 01:54:12 PST 2008

Hi all,

I recently started to study the Ogg Vorbis codec and found an interesting
feature called bitrate peeling [1]. Do you know where I can find more
information on this topic? E.g., how is the actual peeling being
implemented, what are the performance results in terms of resulting quality,
what are the requirements for bitrate peeling (can it be applied to any ogg
vorbis stream), ...?

Also, currently I am using the latest Ogg vorbis encoder from [2]. Are you
aware of any support for bitrate peeling options of this encoder?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitrate_peeling
[2] http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/vorbis/

Thanks and best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems Multimedia Lab