[Vorbis] Poor programming support

Oscar Sundbom oscar.sundbom at swipnet.se
Wed Dec 10 16:15:55 PST 2008

Interesting, I've found the exact opposite to be true.
A few years back I was writing a multiformat audio player and getting
Vorbis from a reasonably arbitrary source (network stream, file, etc.)
and decoding using vorbisfile was heaps more straightforward than what I
had to trudge through to get libmad to do the same (mainly because
all the red tape was already done for me by vorbisfile).

It's apparently quite a bit of work when you need more fine-grained
control and have to start tearing apart the innards of it, but for a
somewhat
simple desktop music player it was a breeze. :)

Regards,
Oscar (also a very experienced programmer ;))