[Vorbis] Bitrate peeling

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 13:23:04 PST 2008

The official encoder does not, to the best of my knowledge, implement peeling.

Through the years I have heard of two peeling demos from
third-parties, none of them ever achieving better quality than the
plain encoder.  Guess they either didn't hit the right spot, or
peeling will stay an interesting theory that just can't be implemented
in the real world -- I don't know.

I suspect if you search the past archives of this and the vorbis-dev
mailing list, or maybe in older Hydrogenaudio.org posts you'll find
what you want.

-Ivo