[Vorbis] streaming ogg

Oscar Sundbom oscar.sundbom at swipnet.se
Sat May 19 17:13:05 PDT 2007

Steve skrev:
> We are finding that when we stream an ogg file via a .m3u file on our
> server, playing it with Winamp, pausing the player for an extended
> period of time results in unpredictable results, such as the file
> ceasing to play before EOF. Is this a Winamp issue, or is there
> something someone can tell me about streaming ogg in this manner?

The default on Apache servers (at least) is a timeout of 300 seconds. I
guess this should mean that if you pause for at least five minutes, your
client won't be able to resume unless it's able to reconnect and set the
position from which to read. I've no idea
if Winamp does this. I guess it should, if it's at all supported by the
server.

Regards
Oscar