[Vorbis] streaming ogg

Manoj Bist manoj.bist1 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 10:37:38 PDT 2007

I wasted a couple of days on this  when I tried to stream ogg files
via a .m3u files. These were my observations.I used ethereal for
monitoring the traffice between my machine running the client player
and the server.

1.) Windows media player: This client would send multiple requests at
random to fetch the ogg url within a span of couple of seconds.

2.) Winamp media player: This client would send at least two requests
to fetch the ogg url.

-Manoj.