[Vorbis] Looking for player recommendations...

David Black vorbis-user at relay.net
Mon Jan 22 04:52:33 PST 2007

I bought a ZVue 200 a couple months ago, and do recommend it.  Storage
is removable SD or MMC cards (max size 4 GB), and MPEG-4 video playback
is decent:
    http://www.zvue.com/players/players.php?thispage=players_200_demo.php

Wal-Mart now has the ZVue 250 for $94.86 - same as I paid for
my 200.  The 250 swaps the 4xAA compartment with a Li-ion
battery and internal charge controller, and has a black instead of
metallic blue plastic case:

    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5438627

Both models include a 128 MB MMC card pre-loaded with some sample music
and video files.  I bought a separate 4 GB SD card for $73 shipped.

Vorbis files from q-2 (aotuv patched) to +10 sound great - I have yet to
encounter a Vorbis file that didn't play flawlessly.  One minus:  it
reads and displays MP3 tags, but only displays basic info for Vorbis
files (ignores tags), at least with current firmware.  I emailed ZVue
asking about this as well as FLAC support, but to date have received no
response.  For me personally this is a minor shortcoming, as for the
price it does a lot and sounds great.

Dave