[Vorbis] Looking for player recommendations...

Ulrich Windl ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Sun Jan 21 23:59:57 PST 2007

On 21 Jan 2007 at 0:18, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> I'm looking for personal recommendations for low cost flash based
> players which support Vorbis (speex and flac support would be nice,
> but aren't mandatory). Solid support (no weird limits for low and high
> bitrates) is required.

I have a Samsung YEPP MT5 (1GB) that can play Vorbis, but it has some software
problems. The thing is small, looking nice, and seems machanically robust. Another
advantage is that it runs for 40 hours with one standard AA battery.

I know that the tRekstor iBeat Organix also can play Vorbis, and it got 100 out of
100 points for audio quality. I never had listened to that however.

Those should be around $100; depends on your estimation of "low cost"...

> I'd be buying a fair quantity of them to give away as prizes and gifts.
>
> I'd rather purchase players which have native Vorbis  support rather
> than buying ones which someone has produced hacked firmware for and
> thus rewarding companies which produce players which lack this
> support.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

iAudio probably is beyond your budget.

Ulrich