[Vorbis] finding floors and residues

Michał Krzysztof Szczerbak spadovsky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:55:11 PST 2007

> Your questions appear to indicate that you don't yet completely
> understand the approach used in Vorbis and since they are so broad
> they are hard to answer.
>
> If you could reduce your questions to a few specific points about the
> introductory materials it would be easier for people to answer you.

yes, i'm aware of the fact that I'm kind of walking in the dark,
although i tried to read the documentation - only
 i have a limitation in time;)

anyway - let me be more specific:
i learn quickly but if someone tells me where to find, what i'm looking for
exactly. it's hard to know all about vorbis when i'm just begining dealing
with it. therefore, i want to find the files and functions in them, which
are responsible for packing codebooks into the header packet. after that, if
I could find a function that calculates floors and residues for the frames
of audio I would be able to manipulate with many parameters, so that i could
find out what are the results in hearing those results.

to sum up: you may say that i heve a notation of whet's going on in vorbis
on general. but where physically (file) are calculated the codebooks, floors
and residues? now, I've looked through the vorbisenc.c and associated and
I've found lots of dunctions which initialise the parameters but never
calculating tha data needed to be sent / stored in output file.

if that's not clear enough, what can I say, to make it be that way?

regards, mike.