[Vorbis] Split an audio in more part and recreate the original

Lorenzo webmaster at frascati1.org
Wed Mar 29 09:35:26 PST 2006

Hi all,
I would like to split an audio stream into more encoded flows (for
example 1, 2 and 3) that have these features:
1)  The flows  must be re-assemblable and must generate the original
stream (1+2+3 = original stream)
2)  I can listen only the flow number 1 (even if the audio quality is
worst than the original, of course)
3)  I can listen only the flows number 1 and 2 (the quality of the audio
is better than if I've got only the flow number 1, but worst than if
I've got all the three flows)
4) Each flow use less bandwidth than the original flow (otherwise is
useless!)

It is like TV that broadcast black&white information and colours. We can
view only B&W , or we can view also the colors.

Vorbis can help me to do this? How hard is it?

Thank you,

LB