[Vorbis] High Latency of vorbisencoder on a hardware with no floatpoint unit

pavan kumar pavanchikkala at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 20 03:18:27 PDT 2006

Hi All,

  I am porting the vorbis encoder to Symbian platform,(to support ogg recording) everything works fine for the emulator(PC), but then on the Hardware whenever I am trying to record it gives KErrOverFlow(buffer OverFlow). We get this error from the driver when the latency of the codec is too high. The main reason is that the hardware does not have the floatpoint unit and the vorbisencoder is floatpoint imple.. Fixed point tremor works properly on the hardware.
  Has anyone come across this kind of problem on the hardware? Can any one suggest how i can improve the performance of the vorbisencoder?

  Thanks for your time.

  Regards
  Pavan