[Vorbis] metadata

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Oct 11 08:35:15 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 03:56:55PM +0100, Ian Malone wrote:

> From what I can see in vorbisfile, ( while(i<3){ogg_stream_pagein...
> in _fetch_headers) the problem arises in the failure to push a
> page into the vorbis stream (because of the different serial number).

Hmm. So ogg_stream_pagein() just returns an error if it's called with
an ogg_page that doesn't match the serial number in the stream struct.
The code in vorbisfile doesn't check that return code, so it should just
be silently discarding the xml pages.

So I guess I don't know why it fails when the second XML page comes
immediately after the bos. The only increments the header count when
ogg_stream_packetout() returns another packet, so it should keep pulling
data until it has three packets from the first logical stream.

 -r