[Vorbis] RE: Oggenc/oggdec on Mac OS X

Joshua Root z3022016 at student.unsw.edu.au
Tue Nov 15 14:29:17 PST 2005

>Hi,
>
>>  I installed libogg and libvorbis through DarwinPorts, and I have both
>>  static (.a) and dynamic (.dylib) versions of the libraries. So that
>>  shows that it is quite possible to build the libs statically. You
>>  should be able to link the static libs into your program directly.
>>  You'll still need to be dynamically linked to the system stuff.
>
>Yes, the .a libs are built when you run "make all" on the libogg
>and libvorbis distributions from a console. But how do you build the
>vorbistools oggenc and oggdec to link against these .a libs and not
>in runtime using the .dylibs? That's the question.

I'm not familiar with the exact structure of oggenc's makefile, but
it should simply be a matter of adding /usr/local/lib/libogg.a and
/usr/local/lib/libvorbis.a to the list of object files (which are
linked together to make the executable), and removing the -logg and
-lvorbis linker options.

- Josh