[Vorbis] Mono encoding w/ a stereo source.

Ian A. Underwood agentgrn at dcne.net
Tue Nov 15 20:53:04 PST 2005

Crew,

I've run into something a little odd with the vorbis encoder and would
like some input.

I use SpacialAudio's SAM3 Broadcaster and am having problems with the
ogg encoder when I create a mono output stream.  It seems as if the
signal level of the left and right sides are being combined before the
encoding process, leaving the sound muddy and overdriven.  As such, if I
reduce the output level by 6db, the combined streams are at the right
level.  The settings I'm using are Quality -1, 32kbps/44kHz.

SpacialAudio suggested that they are passing the audio info to the
library as required.

Ideas?

-I