[Vorbis] RE: Oggenc/oggdec on Mac OS X

Mikael Hillborg mikael at mhc.se
Tue Nov 15 14:06:32 PST 2005

> You can force it to use static versions of specific libraries by passing
> the full path to the .a instead of the -lname option, which uses the
> standard search logic. For example,
>
> gcc -o oggenc oggenc.o foo.o -lvorbisenv -lvorbis -lm -logg
>
> would become
>
> gcc -o oggenc oggenc.o foo.o /usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.a \
>   /usr/local/lib/libvorbis.a /usr/local/lib/libogg.a -lm
>
> Try variations on that and see if you can get something to work.

Thanks. Tried it, but it gives me a couple of dozen undefined symbols.
For example:
_vorbis_block_clear
_vorbis_packet_blocksize
_vorbis_window

So there seem to be a couple of libs missing.
I entered the three .a libs you list above, plus /usr/local/lib/libvorbisfile.a.
Those are the ones which seem to be needed. However, there are still
undefined symbols so there must be some more libs which are needed.

Mike