[Vorbis] A faster ogginfo

Paul L Daniels pldaniels at pldaniels.com
Sun Mar 20 02:20:40 PST 2005

Good day all,

	I have a small collection of ogg files (5Gb) on my fileserver which I have mounted over NFS.

	My problem is that ogginfo takes too long to be used practically in programs like gqmpeg due to naturally wanting to do
a full file check on each ogg file for valadity etc.

	My question/request is; is there a way to make ogginfo only look at the headers (ie, first K or two of data) and not
bother with the data checking?

	I was thinking of writing something myself to extract the trackname/etc but I thought it best to check with everyone to
see if it hasn't already been done.

Regards.

--
PLDaniels Software - http://pldaniels.com