[Vorbis] Pretec Allegro does not appear to play Oggs

Hugo van der Merwe hugo at dsp.sun.ac.za
Tue Mar 15 00:58:26 PST 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 08:44:59AM -0800, Arc wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 06:28:21PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> > Can I change the wiki? The box claims it plays oggs, the tech. specs. in
> > the booklet claims it plays oggs, *some* places on the website claims it
> > supports oggs, but it doesn't actually play my oggs. Can I move it to a
> > "misadvertised" section, or a "rumours" section, or what can I do to
> > indicate this to other people, so they don't accidentaly buy it?
>
> Since you purchased it, you should contact the company and complain.

Success! While waiting for them to contact me back since January, I
tried the form on the website to get a response from them. Finally
(stupid that I waited so long), I contacted the person that would have
gotten back to me. This person replied within 24 hours, stating that
"firmware will _soon_ be available". Contacted me again this morning,
firmware is now available, and I am now listening to my Oggs on my
Pretec Allegro!

I'm so happy! <grin>

Not the fanciest player, but the only player I know of that plays Oggs
(now it does!) and uses removable storage media! (I can put Oggs on my
camera's CompactFlash and listen to it using my USB CompactFlash
reader.)

Hugo