[Vorbis] Re: [Fwd: Better ogg cutting tool]

Daniel Schregenberger npfdd at gmx.net
Tue Feb 15 03:24:01 PST 2005

On Son, 2005-02-13 at 11:01 -0500, craig duncan wrote:
[...]
> so i've created a SourceForge project.  I'm waiting for approval of the "project",
> which i'm anticipating will be soon.

Nice.

> So i'll put it up there and email a link when there's something there.  I've also had
> a chance to get some feedback about usability enhancements (being able to specify
> multiple cutpoints) and have decided (and started on) writing a C extension for Ruby
> for the low-level ogg functions.  I'm going to reimplement my program in Ruby so i'll
> be able to write the command-line processing (including being able to take cut-info
> from a file) in Ruby rather than C.

I found autogen to be a very nice tool for command line processing for
C/C++ programs:
http://autogen.sourceforge.net/autoopts.html

> I think i'll put the original C source up, also, if that is more convenient for
> anyone (enough to compensate for the lack of more sophisticated option-handling).
> It'll be a few days (at least) before the Ruby port is up.
>
> At that point i'll be ready for more enhancement suggestions.

To be honest: I haven't tested it much here. No time (and no need at the
moment). But I'll definately prefere it to mp3splt next time I need a
cutter. :)

> P.S.  Thanks Daniel.  Hope you had a good vacation.  :-)

I had. :)
6 out of 7 days with perfectly blue sky and the snow conditions were
awesome.

-- Daniel

--
Homepage: http://www.npfdd.ch/